Last Updated on Thursday, 15 October 2015, 18:49 by GxMedia
A 17-year old boy was Thursday jailed for four years on five counts of robbery under arms that he committed the same day.
He is Anferny Archer of 185 Punt Trench Dam / Independence Boulevard, Georgetown.
Previously on GUY$100,000 bail; the lad changed his plea from not guilty to guilty. City Magistrate, Alex Moore sentenced the youth to two years on each charge which would run concurrently.
A previously suspended two year sentence for a similar offence was activated and so together he would serve four years.
The allegations are:
1. On August 25, 2015 at West Ruimveldt, Georgetown, being armed with a gun, he robbed Dimitrios Howard of documents and GUY$2,000
2. On August 25, 2015 at West Ruimveldt, Georgetow being armed with the said weapon, he robbed Jemella Josiah of one cellular phone and a handbag, together valued GUY$22,500
3. On August 25, 2015 at West Ruimveldt, Georgetown in the company of another person, he robbed Kimberly Moore of one purse, one Guyana Bank for Trade and Industry (GBTI) bank card, one Scotia Bank card, one Identification Card, one wedding ring and a driver license at gun point.
4. On August 25, 2015 at West Ruimvedlt, Georgetown he robbed Kimberly Melville of three BLU cellular phones belonging to Terwayne Kerr.
5. On August 25, 2015 at West Ruimveldt, Georgetown he also robbed Melville of cash GUY$6,000 at gun point.