Last Updated on Saturday, 26 December 2015, 21:00 by GxMedia
Doctors at the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) were up to late Friday night monitoring the condition of a 15-year old female Brickdam Secondary School student who ingested several carbon tablets this afternoon.
Demerara Waves Online News was told that the young woman, who is preparing to sit the CSEC examinations this year, ingested the carbon tablets commonly referred to as “rat poison” ,around 1 30 pm when the afternoon session was ongoing ,sending shock waves throughout the school.
She was discovered in the wash room by students who raised and alarm and summoned teachers immediately. She was subsequently rushed to the GPHC after she informed teachers what she did.
Sources reported that the young lady informed her friends that she was experiencing problems at home. She related that her parents had barred her from speaking to a man with whom she was having a relationship unknown to them. Her condition was listed as critical this evening as her parents, teachers and students remained hopeful about her condition.