November 27, 2013, Georgetown, Guyana:GPL advises the public that in light of the inclement weather pattern, the company has implemented several initiatives to mitigate the probability of network faults.
The Company has strengthened its emergency response services to ensure prompt response time and intensified efforts to remove all encumbering vegetation along the corridor of our transmission lines across Guyana. In addition, we are imploring of all persons to exercise caution where necessary to alleviate the instances of network faults and also ensure one’s safety.
Customers may be guided by the following:
- Exercise caution when using the roadways in an effort to avoid accidents and getting into contact with the companys’infrastructure.
- DO NOT Tamper with or connect illegally to GPL’s network
- Report any illegal connections, meter tampering or other activities related to theft of electricity
- In the event of flooding, turn off your main switch and place electrical appliance(s) on higher ground.
- Do not touch exposed electrical wires
- Stay away from trees that are touching power lines or may sway in the breeze and touch power lines.
- Allow GPL teams to trim trees that are either too close or may fall on transmissions lines. If trees or branches are close to power lines, please call GPL for assistance on: Emergency Call Centre: Emergency Call Centre: 592 – 226 4015 (GPL)