Last Updated on Saturday, 26 December 2015, 21:01 by GxMedia
Three persons were Wednesday afternoon injured when a cooking gas cylinder exploded at an outlet at 55 East La Penitence, Georgetown.
Five year old Kevon Chance was treated at a nearby clinic for a slight facial burn and sent away, while two cousins- 18-year old Timeka Maxwell and 17-year old Shemar Barrow- were rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC).
A relative said one of the gas cylinders exploded at the bottom. The cylinder was at the bottom of the storage cage.
Maxwell sustained burns to her face and Barrow to his hand.
Demerara Waves Online News was told that police and fire fighters were baffled by the incident because persons, who were nearby, claimed that there was no exposed flame or lighted object at the time.
Sources said the cooking gas dealer planned to take up the matter with the supplier/manufacturer.