GPL technician shocked, burnt

Last Updated on Saturday, 26 December 2015, 21:01 by GxMedia

A technician contracted by the Guyana Power and Light (GPL) was Tuesday afternoon shocked and severely burnt while on a utility pole at Parika, East Bank Essequibo.

He has been identified as 30-year old Rayon Henry of N Bent Street, Wortmanville Georgetown. He is attached to the metering department.

Well-placed sources said the linesman was assisted down by a colleague and rushed to the Leonora Hospital. He has been transferred to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC).

Relatives and hospital sources said he was in an unconscious condition receiving emergency medical attention.

He sustained burns to the upper part of his body.