Internet Radio

Updated: Death toll rises in liquefied cocaine-in-tonic bottle poisoning

Last Updated on Saturday, 26 December 2015, 20:59 by GxMedia

A distraught relative being consoled by other persons outside the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation

Four persons died Sunday afternoon and doctors were battling to save the life of one child who drank liquefied cocaine from an SSS tonic bottle that a family-member decided not to take to the United States (US).

Those who succumbed are Simone Pryce,36,  her reputed husband Alex Blair,42 and their nine year old deaf son, Jahkil Blair, as well as 36-year old Natasha George.  Pryce and George were best friends. Still hospitalised is George’s son, 12-year old Jamal Waterman.

The incident occurred at Kokerite Street, East La Penitence. 

Police sources said they were looking for a man named Barney who had allegedly taken plantain chips, cassareep and the bottle labelled SSS tonic to an East La Penitence home. Investigators have so far confirmed that the substance in the SSS bottle was in fact liquefied cocaine.

Demerara Waves Online News was told that Barney had taken the items for Candace Mc Garrell to take to someone in Queen’s, New York.

However, she left them behind on Saturday because she said she was travelling to Pennsylvania instead of New York.

Stand-alone Airport Delay Map

Find us on Facebook